How to Make Kale Pasta
pasta takes no time to make, requires little prep and has more flavour than you might imagine.
Vincenzo’s Top Tips To Make Kale Pasta
Break the Kale into Small Pieces
Add As Many Olives As You Wish!
Save Some Pasta Water
Don’t forget the golden rule: When cooking the pasta, be sure to save a mug of pasta water. Later, you’ll add it to the base for some added flavor.
How to Serve Kale Pasta
Kale Pasta Recipe
- Cutting board
- Large stainless steel pot
- Standard size spoon
- large pot for boiling pasta
- wooden spoon
- Large saucepan
- wooden spoon
- Garlic crusher optional
- 1 bunch Fresh kale
- 300 grams Fusilli pasta 11oz
- 30 Black olives pitted
- 2 Garlic cloves one per person
- Dry chili
- 1 tbsp Rock salt
- Extra virgin olive oil as much as required
- Pepper as much as required
Prepare the Kale
- Clean and break the kale into small pieces with your hands. Be sure to remove it from the stem. The smaller you can cut/break the kale pieces, the better!
Cook the Pasta
- Add 1 tablespoon of rock salt to a pot of boiling water and dissolve before adding the pasta and kale to the water.
- Stir the ingredients with a long wooden spoon to ensure no pasta gets stuck to the bottom of the pot while cooking.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
Make the Base of the Pasta
- While the pasta and kale are cooking, it’s time to create the base of the pasta. Start by adding 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to a large saucepan on low heat.
- Crush and add 2 cloves of garlic.
- Quickly add 1 tablespoon of pasta water to keep the garlic from burning.
- Crush and add black olives, along with half of the dried chili (save the other half to sprinkle onto the kale).
Put it All Together
- Next, add the cooked kale and pasta to the saucepan as well as half a mug of pasta water.
- Gently mix, then sprinkle the rest of the dried chili and add pepper.
- Time to toss! Mix everything through really well so all the flavours can infuse. Use a large spoon to serve the pasta on a large plate. You’re all done!
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
Join my private exclusive Italian Tours “Italy Unexplored Tour” and experience the Real Italy like you have never seen before.
The tour is exclusive to only 10 passionate foodies and it’s very unique. (Click here to get more details)
Tempted? Watch the video below and enjoy the sightseeing of the greenest region in Europe
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate