How to Make Lemon Chicken
Lemon Chicken Italian style is cooked up with a citrus twist and served on a bed of baby spinach. It is simple, fast and will melt in your mouth…
Watch video recipe:
- Baby Spinach
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Lemon
- Chicken Breast
- ½ glass White wine
- Plain Flour
- Extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- Slice through the chicken from the side and make some small fillets.
- Then cut each one into small wedges around 2cm wide.
- Put chicken inside a zip lock bag and add a generous amount of flour. Shake the bag around so that the flour cover each piece of chicken.
- Place a medium size saucepan on the stove top and drizzle some xvoo on top.
- Once it heat up, add the chicken piece by piece.
- Once the bottom of each piece starts to brown, turn it over to cock the other side you will need to do this a few times, so that the chicken cooks through. You can turn them using a pair of tongs.
- The flour will create a nice cream.
- Get 2 cloves of garlic, squash them using you hands and add them in, along with some salt, pepper and rosemary. Mix well.
- Add 100ml of white wine and continue to allow the chicken to simmer.
- The wine will evaporate and infuse into the chicken. Add ½ glass of water so that the chicken can finish cooking.
- Squeeze a lemon over the top.
- After about 5 minutes remove the rosemary and place the chicken on a plate.
- Using the same saucepan, add a small amount of extra virgin olive oil and then throw the baby spinach in it.
- You can use as much spinach as you like, but just remember, it will shrink!
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Lemon Chicken
1. Once it is ready, put it into a nice plate tight in the middle creating a bed for the chicken.
2. Layer the lemon chicken on top.
3. Garnish the dish with a few lemon wedges that can be squeezed if desired for some extra flavour.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate