How to Make Pineapple Pizza
Pineapple on PIZZA? NOOOO!! What is even happening to me? No, I haven’t been brainwashed (or kidnapped) BUT I have been challenged by SO many of you to eat pineapple on my pizza so I have given in. As part of my series recreating “fake Italian food as an Italian”, I have developed a recipe using quality Italian ingredients like gorgonzola cheese and parmigiano cream that is actually…delicious. I almost want to be wrong at the end because I still can’t believe it but it DID work and with absolutely no tomato on the base. Would you try it?
Watch the Pineapple Pizza Video Recipe:
How to Make PINEAPPLE PIZZA Like an Italian
Vincenzo’s Top Tips To Make Pineapple Pizza
If you find this tricky, place a large salad bowl upside down and place the dough on top. Press down on it (using the tips of your fingers) and start stretching it out making sure not to touch the edges -This will allow you to create a crust. Once it has started to stretch over the bowl, pick it up and turn it over then pull from the bottom out lifting the dough and making sure to leave the edges.
STRETCH it out
Stretch out the dough using the tips of your fingers. This is so you create the perfect crust!
It’s with THE temperature
Make sure your oven is pre-heated to 400°C for the best Neapolitan style result.
- Table or Bench space
- Pizza peel
- Mixing bowl
- Cheese grater if you have a block of Parmigiano
- Oven that can reach up to 400 °C
- Parmigiano Reggiano grated
- Ham off the bone
- 2 fresh pineapple rings
- 1 glass Water room temperature
- Neapolitan Pizza dough
- 00 Flour
- Pineapple pizza should be made using my favourite method of making pizza dough. Prepare this using my Neapolitan pizza dough recipe
- Grate a portion of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese into a mixing bowl and add water then mix it with a fork to combine and continue adding small amounts of water until a creamy consistency is created.
- Sprinkle some flour over your board/bench and place the Neapolitan pizza dough on top.
- Stretch out the dough using the tips of your fingers, turning it over as you go and repeating this step, making sure to avoid the edges – this is so you create the perfect crust!
- When it has stretched enough place it on your bench and add the Parmigiano cream you made earlier, spreading it over the base using the back of your spoon.
- Break up the gorgonzola with your hands or a spoon and place it over your pizza, along with some mozzarella, being sure to cover all of the pizza apart from the edges!
- Next, add the pieces of pineapple and then the ham – try to place the ham over the gorgonzola for the perfect taste combination.
- Sprinkle a small amount of flour on your pizza peel and pull the pineapple pizza on top before putting it into the oven to cook.
- Cook the pineapple pizza for 45 seconds, then lift it out with your peel, turn it around and cook the next edge for 15 seconds, and then repeat to cook the final edge for 15 seconds too.
- E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate….Enjoy!
How to serve Pineapple Pizza
Slice up your pizza and eat while it’s hot – if you dare to recreate something you never thought you would! Was this is the way pizza was meant to be enjoyed? While I still won’t be ordering pineapple pizza at a restaurant, if I have to make it for friends, I’m definitely doing it this way – with bold Italian flavours that go perfectly.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/vincenzosplate
No comments yet.